Friday, March 27, 2009

Verse memorization

Luke has been attending Wednesday night's Kids Club at church for about a month now (I keep meaning to get a picture of him in his vest but of course, I continually forget my camera). Anyways, he has a short verse to memorize every week. Last week, like each week, we practiced his memory verse. We also make up hand actions to help him remember. We broke the verse into chunks and he'd repeat each chunk after me. At lunch on Wednesday, we went over the verse. After he repeated me and then said it by himself, he said, "Now, Mom, repeat after me. The Lord...Hosanna...Guide us through this starry night...Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord." After I repeated it, he made me say the whole thing. It made me laugh. I guess he figures if he has to memorize, that mom should have to too!

1 comment:

Janna said...

What a cutie! And a very original verse. ;o)