Monday, March 23, 2009

South America, anyone?





Have you ever heard of any natural disasters in South America? I can't recall that I have, but I'm sure that all areas of the world have experienced some kind of disaster at some point. But, I'm thinking I want to move to where ever has the fewest natural disasters, as I'm hunkering down in my basement on this 23rd day of March in fear of a tornado. I've always been fearful of storms. I remember when I was little, I'd have dreams that I would be watching a tornado come right towards me, demolishing everything in sight. Kind of funny how real dreams can be sometimes.

Needless to say, living through the Hallam tornado in 2004 hasn't helped my fear subside at all. You'd think that living through one of the most devastating tornadoes in history would calm me. Yeah right. If anything, it made it worse. Now, as a mother, I have to be the calm one as my kids and I sit in the basement. I have been surprisingly calm today, however. I guess I can say that now, as the storm has passed.

So, anyone with me? How about South America? Maybe we can migrate south just from March-June. I'd book a flight for us, but I'm afraid of flying. Maybe I have some issues I need to address. Ho hum...

2 comments:

Makila said...

Sorry..can't go with you. I'm afraid of leaving the country! :)

Janna said...

I think South America has really big snakes and other scary things. You're probably better off here. ;o)