Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Reality

Don't you just LOVE fall TV? Oh my stars...I love the beginning of the new season of shows. There's something exciting about all of the hype leading up to it. Although I love it, I still am a tad bit embarrassed about how excited I get for new TV shows. It's quite sad, actually.
The thing is, I don't really get into dramas or sitcoms at all (except for an occasional episode of The Office). My passion, without a doubt, is reality TV. What is so intriguing about watching people be, well, people? I have no answer. I just know that I absolutely love it.
For instance, when I was in the middle of being induced with Luke, I had the nurses turn on the TV to good old Fox to watch, you guessed it, American Idol. My favorite. I've loved it since day one. My Tuesdays and Wednesdays are not complete without it. I actually feel a certain void in my life from May to January (OK, maybe it's not THAT extreme). Nothing says addicted like breathing through a few contractions while watching Simon, Randy and Paula.
Right now, I'm into Dancing With the Stars. I know exactly why I like that one. I want to be a dancer. I want to look that good in a tiny costume (will never happen). I am mesmerized by all of the movements. Deep down, I think I am traumatized by my mom not ever taking me to dance lessons when I was young. Come on, Mom! Not even clogging? Sheesh. Oh, and by the way, I want Warren Sapp to win it all this year.
OK...I'm obviously going on and on about reality TV, so I will come to a close before I start to sound really pathetic. And as for The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Bachelor and America's Next Top Model...I love you all too.

No comments: