Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bootcamp, Yard Work and Spanx

I have been doing everything imaginable to lose all of the weight that I have gained while pregnant with Katelyn. I know that losing weight is a practice in patience, but it has really been a long spell and taking longer than anticipated. Maybe it's my secret stash of Peanut Butter M&Ms hidden in the pantry. Anyway, I have really worked hard and the results, stagnant. I'm still using the workbook that I blogged about earlier. I love it and the recipes are actually quite tasty. Bill even devoured the marinara mushrooms I made the other day. Shocker. Fungus gives me a stomach ache though. I think I'll stick to the turkey burgers.

My boot camp workout still kicks my postpartum rear end every time. I do love it and am looking for other workouts to do as well. I'm loving that it's so nice outside. Time for more walks, play time with Luke and maybe a little jog every now and then.

I've also been getting the yard ready for summer. I figure this can help with the calorie burning as well. I've managed to clean out all of the landscaping from the dead brush and leaves. Our yard is huge and I have tons more to do, but stopped short today when an overactive spirea bush poked me in the eye. That killed. And, of course, I did the "head flip" to see if anyone was outside to see me ridiculously poke myself. The poke actually tore my contact and left my eye watering a bit, but overall, I think it will be OK. Of course, I had visions of being visionless, but that's just me...hope for the best but expect the worst! Tonight, Bill and I have a free evening, so we plan to do more yard work. We have a landscaping pond in the back that we need to fill in and a huge garden that needs tilled. I don't mind working in the yard, but it's hard with kiddos and aggressive bushes.

So, after watching calories, exercising and doing all sorts of yard work, you'd think I'd meet my weight loss goals, lickity-split. Not so much. So, I decided to do what any other reasonable woman would do; buy the S.p.a.n.x. They are absolutely fantastic and I have to say, I do feel slimmed down when I wear them. I have heard many rant and rave about them, so I had to see what all the fuss was about. Now that I have one pair of them, I want every pair available so that every part of my body can be spanxtified.

I'm still going to work hard to lose this weight, though. I'm giving myself until February (the month of my annual appointment) to drop 40 pounds. Oh my goodness...now I've said it. I need to lose 40 pounds. Am I crazy?

3 comments:

Jared, Julie, Reef & Ayrton Rohrs said...

Good Luck, Tiff! I need more motivation to lose my fabulous flabby belly! :) I will see you soon...at Breanna's!

Unknown said...

Ok, this is going to sound really weird, but...can i try on your spanx sometime? :)

Janna said...

I've never splurged on the spanx, but I have taken the super control top pantyhose and cut off the legs . . . Does that count? ;o) Perserverance, discipline, aw those fun, fun words. You can do it--slow and steady wins the race! ;o)