Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm up anyways...I might as well blog.

Yes, I am up. My one friend who is adamant that I keep taking it easy is going to absolutely freak out when she hears/sees that I am up at 2:05 a.m. There's a reason, trust me.
We had a fun, but very long weekend. Bill, Luke and I woke up early Saturday morning because I needed to be in Lincoln by 8 a.m. for my family's annual Christmas baking day (pictures are coming). This is a huge ordeal in our family and literally takes us all day.

After a marathon baking day, my family loaded up to go to my brother's Christmas concert at college, although I decided to keep Bill and Luke at home (they thanked me). Fun times were had by all, but boy were we tired. Needless to say, when I got home at 10p.m., Luke was wide awake with remnants of cookie all over his face. Great. He'd be up forever on that sugar high.

Sunday was a fairly peaceful day. We went to our old church back home. It was great to see friends that we don't get to see very often. Friends that we miss terribly. The rest of the day was relaxing, but Luke couldn't let the excitement of being at Papa and Grandma's wear off. He didn't fall asleep after church at all; until about 4:30 that is, when we were doing errands. Lovely. So, of course, that night, he was up until 11:30.

Oh-don't worry. I'm getting to the point here as to why I'm up late. It's coming...

Then, on Monday, my family had its annual Christmas shopping day. My dad took the day off to watch Luke while my Mom, Aunt, cousin and me roamed around town. It was a blast. Very tiring, but a blast. I was happy to get those last minute Christmas gifts all bought. We always have fun on this trip. Then, that evening, I had my Premier jewelry Christmas party. It was a jam-packed day; one that my "motherly friend" would yell at me, again, for being overly active.
Don't worry, in the midst of all of this hullabaloo, I had a doctor's appointment and my pressure was the best it has ever been. Go figure. That's what retail therapy will do for you.

So, we just got back yesterday morning. Luke is exhausted. His nap schedule is messed up. His sleep schedule is messed up. This all leads to why I'm awake at 2:16. After 4 months of Luke being potty trained at day and night, he has had an accident for the past two nights. I am not frustrated with him at all. The poor guy doesn't have a schedule, is probably so exhausted that he is in a very deep sleep, and it doesn't help matters when I broke the rules and let him have a sippy cup of milk at 8:00 last night. So, he woke up at 1:30 with a body and bed full of wetness. Again, lovely. I feel bad for the poor little guy. So, of course, I am wide awake. I tried to lay back down, but then I started getting heartburn. After taking a quick hit (of Zantac) I am now blogging, waiting for it to kick in so that I can lay back down.

Phew! Don't you just love my 2:20 a.m. rambling?


Makila said...

I'd love your rambling better if it was done at 2 in the afternoon. What a fun weekend.

3cookieday said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!