Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful





(I meant to have these pictures in a completely different order, but for some reason, my order came out reversed!)
Today was our annual Curry Family Christmas Tree Hunting Adventure. Boy did we pick a doosy of a day to hunt. The snow was pretty, but the wind was so cold! Needless to say, we didn't take a lot of time mulling over which tree was "the one". Luke, however, loved the adventure. He loved walking through the "forest" and helping his dad carry the tree up to the binder. I was shocked that he didn't complain once.
So, now my home is completely decked out for Christmas. I feel complete. I feel relieved. When I first found out about all of my high blood pressure issues, I feared the worst. I had pictures in my mind of me not being able to decorate my home, go Christmas shopping or do anything that had to do with my favorite holiday of the year. I praise God that I am well enough to do these things, and you know what? I would've praised Him even if I weren't able to do these things. Somehow, somethings have a way of working out. I'm 35 weeks and 2 days along in this pregnancy, and we are ready for the baby. Of course, I want it to stay in there until after Christmas, but I realize that one can't be picky with these sorts of things. November 2008 is over and here comes December. As we were decorating the tree, it was fun to think about this precious little baby possibly being here when we take all of it down in the new year.

No comments: