Monday, January 4, 2010

Man That Works? Monday

Wouldn't you like to start 2010 being more organized? I know I would. The more people that occupy my household the more things I have. I hate clutter. I like clean lines and things put away. It can get overwhelming though, can't it? So, let's start with something easy. I started with my bathroom closet. I just got new towels (oh so soft) for Christmas, so I had a little bit of good old intrinsic motivation!
I got so tired of the kids' medicines, adult medicines and other bathroom supplies just sitting out in a big heap which made it hard to find anything. So, it was time to get to work.
First, I found some inexpensive wicker baskets at gord-mans (I think they were $4 each) and a cute hat box at Fac-tory Card Out-let (I love this store, by the way. Super cute stuff and they have all kinds of boxes like the one I bought for super cheap. This one was $3!).
The next step was to organize. I used a basket for toilet paper, one for the kids' medicine, one for adult medicine, one for bodily injuries and then I used the hat box to store all of our bathroom "extras" (tooth paste, q-tips, cotton balls, razors, etc.)
Finally, I stocked the shelves with the baskets and towels and here is the finished product (oh, and yes, it is not January 3, 2005):
I just love that I can pull out a basket that is specifically organized for what I need. What a time saver! All in all, this project only took me about 30 minutes. Let's get motivated, people!

2 comments:

Makila said...

Fabulous, just fabulous! :) I reorganized my linen closet a few months ago but it needs some attention again. :)

Janna said...

As the saying goes "a place for everything and everything in its place" It is SO TRUE. Unfortunately, I still need to get lots of my things "places." ;o) Love your neat and tidy closet.