Monday, January 18, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

Warning: What you are about to read may contain meaningless conversation merely to inform you of the goings on of an average mom, wife and zookeeper. This Blah Blah Blah session may cause drowsiness.

You know the weeks go by fast when you reread your last posting and think that it was just yesterday that you wrote it. And, now that The Bach.elor is over for one more mere week (why do I love that show?), I can fully focus on the task at hand...this post.

Last week, my brother was home from Boston. It was nice to have him home, but I'm sure he was ready to go back after a week of his "former" life. It has to be weird for him; two completely different worlds. One where you are a self-sufficient career man and the other where mom and dad still insist on paying for your supper.
We enjoyed two Christmases with him in which we all received our first round of "Boston gear" (of course, being Yankee fans, we were so appreciative).
I also had Mom, Dad and Trav visit on Wednesday. They spent the day and we all relaxed.
One of the perks of being Travis' sister is the benefits I receive from his job. Yes, I receive benefits from his job. See, he is a manager at Amer.ican Eag.le in Cambridge, MA. Two times last week I got to go shopping using his discount (how can one pass up skinny jeans for $15?...now if I can just get the nerve to wear them. It's something about them being called "skinny" jeans. I think I may feel more comfortable if they were called "you-don't-have-to-be-skinny-necessarily" jeans.

On another note...I'm enjoying new pajamas tonight. I love new pajamas. I wonder how long it will take Bill to notice that I have new ones...probably long enough that when he asks me, "When did you get those?" I can honestly say,
"I've had these for a LONG time" and it would be 100% truthful.

I have many "Man that works? Monday" posts to share with you, but I haven't been able to take pictures. Plus, it seems that Monday is a really hard time for me to blog. I've cleaned more closets, invented a storage solution and been spending time in the kitchen gathering supplies for healthy snacks. But don't you fret; I will enlighten you with all of my wisdom soon. It just may not be on Monday.

I have a dear friend who told me that her and her husband tried the "ten minute ticker" and loved it, but her husband kept calling it the "ten minute teaser". I just rolled with laughter and now, that's what Bill and I call it. I hope Bill doesn't feel like the word teaser is leading him on though; it's hard to crush the man's dreams.


2 comments:

Janna said...

It is so hard for me to picture your brother a career man--I still remember him as a 12 year old. ;o) When you run out of things to organize at your home, do come over here . . . I am in desperate need of assistance! ;o)

Makila said...

Loved the blah blah blah.

Try blogging your monday stuff earlier or later (depending how you look at it) in the week but have it post on Monday.

This post made me miss you even more. Can't wait to see you next month!