Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pulling My Hair Out-Literally 1

First of all, let me preface this post by saying that I absolutely LOVE my son. He is the best thing that has ever happened to Bill and me (is it bad that I'm starting out a blog by prefacing that?)
Luke is a great little guy. He is sweet, minds his manners, is easy-going and overall, minds us very, very well.
But, the past two days have been everything but lovey between him and me. Maybe he's just sick of me. Maybe I don't play enough, or get rough like he does with his Dad. Maybe his boyish aggression is becoming a little overwhelming for me.
It's almost as if my little angel is out to lunch while I have to deal with the little boy who finds it way too fun to be mischievous. He is whining, being defiant, throws fits, and basically thinks he can get whatever he wants. He's in timeout at least 5 or more times a day. Again, what happened to my angel? Boo hoo!
I know things will get better, they always do. Every mom has great days, good days, and extremely horrible days. My extremely horrible days just happen to be occurring right now.

OK...it's off my chest. I'm going to get over it now. I'm going to stop being a baby about it.
I do have to say, however, I am looking forward to "alone time" at Hy-Vee tonight. I have plans to get a bundle of groceries (much-needed), sip on some Starbucks and look at absolutely everything on each of the shelves. I'm leaving my angel with....his Dad.

1 comment:

Makila said...

Oh Tiff...we have those days too! I love going to Target by myself when those days occur. I'll look at everything twice if I have to just to be able to breathe. I'm glad you know that these days will soon pass and then come back again. :) HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!