Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh For The Love Of A Chia Pet

I have been on a mission lately. Some call it "nesting". I call it me just being my normal OCD self! Anyway, my mission is to clean out closets. This has been very enjoyable for me (I know, I'm a psycho) because I feel a sense of completion and accomplishment.
As I was cleaning out one of our utility closets, I found a Bart Simpson Chia Pet that we had received as a white elephant gift last Christmas (thanks, Clint). As I was getting ready to pitch it, I saw the sheer horror in Luke's eyes. "Mommy! You can't throw that guy away!"
He tugged on my heartstrings. Fine. We'll try to grow it. Oh, Lord, please forgive me. Of all of the tacky, red-necked things to do, this is right up there.
It was a fun project for Luke and me to do together. And, after it was completed, we promptly took the...head...to Luke's room, where it sits proudly on his dresser. I thought I'd show you a few pictures of our prize-possession.


1 comment:

Makila said...

Cha Cha Chia! Too funny.