Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Praying for Bill

I must confess. At times, my prayer life just stinks. There was a time that I would spend an hour a day writing down my prayers and I truly experienced all of the benefits of doing that. But, of course, that was when I just had Luke and he was taking 3 to 4 naps a day! Now, it's a little harder to say the least. Being in communion with God is something that I long for. Not only to commune with him, but to be the prayerful wife that God calls me to be. I'm reading "Home is Where the Mom Is" by Shelly Burke. In it, she has a daily prayer guide to praying for our husbands. I think it is fabulous, and I'd like to share.

"Sunday:
That he might become a man of prayer, mature in the Lord, and growing in his knowledge of God. That he might daily seek God with all his heart, walking in the Spirit moment by moment, growing in his dependence on Him.

Monday: That he might learn to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world's thinking, and to think scripturally. That he would learn not to depend on his circumstances for happiness, but on God.

Tuesday: That he might have new strength in the midst of his busy schedule, and that the Lord might infuse him with His strength. That his self-image might be a reflection of the Lord's thoughts towards him.

Wednesday: That he might become a called man, not driven. That the Lord might give him wisdom to lead his family physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.

Thursday: That he might stand firm against the schemes of the devil and resist Satan in all circumstances. That he might not be deceived into unbelief or sin.

Friday: That the fruit of the Spirit might be exhibited more and more in his life. That he might learn to love as God commanded.

Saturday: That the Lord might protect him, guarding his course. That he might learn to manage his time well."


Ladies---let's pray for our husbands, every day. It will be fun to see how God will work through that devotion to prayer!


4 comments:

Makila said...

Good words, Tiff! Love them. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Don't forget to change your blog profile..

Julie said...

I love these suggestions. Good stuff. Also, Nathan wants me to say that Bill needs all the help he can get!! :)

Laura said...

You TOTALLY freaked me out with the title of this post!!! :-)

Janna said...

Thank you for sharing--I've been struggling with this lately too. And I LOVE your new look! Very pretty. ;o)