Friday, August 22, 2008

Holy Yoga!

I am bound and determined with this pregnancy to not gain as much weight as I did with Luke. I didn't go completely overboard with him, but I'm sure that some of the weight gain contributed to my high blood pressure. Anyways, I've been seeking out different ways to keep in shape with this little one. My number one motivator? I'm in a wedding in May, four months after the baby arrives. Now, honestly, I don't think that I will ever be one to be super skinny. I'm not planning on even being a little bit skinny at the wedding. But, I would appreciate some non-frumpiness. We'll see.
I have been walking with a friend who is also pregnant nearly every day. I'd say we walk about 3 miles. That helps. But what happens when it gets cold outside? I'm nervous. I'm nervous that I'll balloon up bigger than a blimp for months 7-9 and then I'll be in trouble.
So, I did some research. First of all, I love the show, "The Biggest Loser". I always get super motivated by watching it. Trainer Bob said that the number one thing that people can do to stay in really good shape is to start some kind of Yoga program. "Hmmmm," I thought. I am skeptical about Yoga. I've always thought it to be very "New Agey". So, I did some more research and found "Holy Yoga". Isn't that a crack up? At first I thought of "Holy Yoda. May the force be with you." Anyways, despite the absolutely hilarious name, I ordered it. It's supposed to be Christ-centered. I ordered steps 1 and 2, and just got them in the mail yesterday. I'm planning on starting my "Holy Yoda, I mean Yoga" on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. But for now, "May the force be with you." This may go over like a pregnant pole-vaulter (no pun intended)!

No comments: