Friday, June 4, 2010

This and That

Last night, I cuddled up under the covers and listened to the pouring rain and thunder. It was so sweet to the soul. I needed that in the worst way. It was one of those moments in life that I just wanted to giggle with delight. Pure joy. For weeks now, I have been going through the motions of life without enjoying each little piece. Last night, I remembered that His mercies are new every day. His mercies are new with each rain drop. Even this morning as everything is plush- green and the birds chirp outside the window while searching for their morning food, I remember that His mercies are new every morning.

Katelyn is at that age where she says new words every day. She just amazes me. She tries to keep up with Luke, often giving him a hard time, but mostly watching his every move. Last night, she said "milk" with the "k" sound and all.
She is in full toddler mode with a definite pre-2-year-old attitude. She's a great screamer, loves to run away from me....very quickly, I might add, and exclaims "NO!" quite frequently.

Luke and I have been reading "Because of Winn Dixie". It is one of my favorite books of all time and Luke is enjoying it too. There are many underlying messages for adults as well and the life lessons learned are numerous. We have the movie, and Luke is looking forward to watching it when we're done with the book. He is so creative and has quite the imagination. When asked (well, I guess you wouldn't even have to ask him) he'll tell you about his imaginary pet, "Foto" or Star Wars on the Wi.i that he plays at Papa and Grandma's.

Bill's almost done with his school requirements. He'll be done working at school June 15th. Can you say, "Honey-do list"?

This week is the first week of summer for me. VBS starts Monday and softball starts Thursday. Once VBS is done, a HUGE weight will be lifted off of my shoulders, but that's a whole other tale of If-I-knew-then-what-I-know-now, things would be totally different.

We're planning a trip to Dallas in July and I am excited. We'll be staying with my cousin in her beautiful home with an in-ground pool. Fantastic. I am jealous of all of my friends who have been and are taking vacations. It's always so refreshing to go some where. I contest that it's so important, especially for stay-at-home moms.

What a long, boring post. My apologies to you who had to endure that. And, since I can't think of a creative way to end this post, I'll just....end it.

No comments: