We're headed to Phoenix tomorrow morning for a big ol' fashion family get-together. I'm excited. I guess I should say, I'll be excited when my feet are planted firmly on the Arizona soil. I hate flying and this will be the first time that I will be flying with my kiddos.
I really don't know why I hate flying. I think it's a control issue, actually. I like to be in control of most situations and only give up control to those I really, really trust. And, at this moment, I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Doesn't she really, really trust the pilots who do this for a living day in and day out?"
When I think of it that way, I guess I should trust them, just like I trust a doctor to give me the proper medicine. OK, I've talked myself into it. I'm feeling better...slightly.
We have a full trip planned; from dipping toes into the cool waters at Sli.de R.ock S.tate P.ark in Sed.ona or enjoying breath-taking views from the Gra.nd Can.yon. We're pumped.
I know I haven't been very good about blogging lately, but I will give a full report when we get back. I must say, however, there are a few things I'm thinking about as I prepare for this trip.
1. Packing for a long vacation with air line travel is hard. My mind has been racing with all of the things I need to pack.
2. The season finale for the Bach.elorette is Monday. I hope my DVR works. OK, I admit, I'm addicted to the totally ridiculous show.
3. What happens if I have the nurse Katelyn in the car in the Arizona heat? A/C please!!!
4. How am I going to watch my calories while on vacation? Stinky-poo
5. Time change, oh time change. Please, God, help my kids to adjust appropriately.
But, it's early to bed for my family tonight. Baths at 7:30, kids in bed by 8:00, mommys and daddys in bed by 9:00. We have to be at the airport at 7:30...double stinky-poo.