Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Here I Come to Save the Day!

OK, OK, OK...I am back. I really don't know what my problem has been the last couple of weeks. It seems as if every time I sit down to blog, someone's crying, the laundry is calling or I just get plain old distracted.

Do you ever tell yourself, "Once such-and-such is over, I will be able to relax"? Is there really ever a time when you get to relax? It's just the same old busyness, just a different kind of busyness. I was so looking forward to summer because things would slow down. Actually, life has been completely opposite.
We tend to spend a lot more time outdoors. I coach a softball teams that has games three nights out of the week. I'm really busy with Premier shows in June. The list could go on and on! I do enjoy it, though, as it is a much-needed change of pace.

Anyway, I must tell you about my freak-out session I had earlier this evening. Let me set the tone for the story: We have a huge yard. As a matter of fact, our house sits on three lots. I definitely love having all of the space, but at times it is just too much of a yard for us to keep up with. We have a wonderful spot for a nice-size garden, but it's almost too big and weeds just grow like gang-busters out there (not to mention the lovely snakes that love the weeds). The fruit trees are handy, but very high maintenance, and the play area is hard to mow around.

Our family has been gone a few days visiting Bill's mom, so we knew we would be coming home to a lawn that would desperately need to be mowed. So, like always, I got out the push mower and Bill the rider. While pushing, I saw three snakes and a huge toad (I am terrified of reptiles and amphibians of any kind). It was a jungle out there. I could have worn my loin cloth and beat my chest while bellowing and fit in just perfect.

Then, I couldn't get the push mower around the new swing set. Frustration set in. I felt overwhelmed. Deep down, I knew my basis for getting upset. Bill is beginning his annual fireworks job on Sunday. He has done this every year for nearly 5 years. While it is good money, the warehouse is in Ashland and instead of driving back and forth, he stays with a friend's in-laws who happen to live within a few miles of the warehouse. I am thankful for the extra money that Bill earns, but it is 20 days of life without him for me.

How am I supposed to do it all? How am I supposed to keep up the house, take care of the kids, and do the lawn? I'll get through it. I always do.
It's nothing that a little chocolate and ice cream can't mend.
Ho hum...you all had better check in on me from time to time over the next few weeks. My sanity is at stake here. And, as for blogging, I hope to move onto brighter topics because I am getting over it...really, I am.


Janna said...

Our summer has been this way too--all this stuff I was going to get done, and so far it seems just as busy as before we finished up the homeschooling and all the activities ended. That is a bummer having Bill gone so long. Hang in there--wish I had better advice, but I guess "just one day at a time." That's all we can really handle anyway. ;o)

Makila said...

Oh Tiff, I hope the time goes by quickly. Can you go spend a few days at your parents to break up the time? You can come visit us for a few days if you want!

chopperfamily said...

Tiffany, You know Chopper and I are here if you need anything at all. Give me a call if you want the kids to come over while you have a ballgame or if you just need a break!!! Just give me a call!!